This is a complete guide on how to transfer and share MTN airtime credit from one MTN user account to another.
This guide is for you if you don't know how to transfer and share airtime on MTN or if you want to transfer for the first time.
In this post, I will show you how to transfer and share airtime credit on MTN and everything else you need to know about MTN airtime transfer step by step.
What is MTN Airtime Transfer and Share?
MTN Transfer and Share is a service that allows you to transfer or share airtime (credit) from one MTN account to another.
The MTN transfer service is available for all MTN customers except for BetaTalk and Yanfun Yafun MTN subscribers. These subscribers are not eligible to transfer airtime.
Once you have a minimum transfer amount of 50 naira in your MTN account, you can transfer airtime on MTN via the USSD code or SMS.
T&Cs for MTN Airtime Transfer and Sharing
To make sure that you do not face any issues. Please read the T&Cs listed below before trying to transfer airtime on MTN.
- Only Naira balances (₦50) can be transferred. Transactions with Kobo (₦50.50) are not allowed.
- 0000 is your MTN transfer PIN by default. On MTN, you must enter the default transfer PIN to transfer airtime. You can also change the default PIN to a PIN that you prefer.
- You cannot transfer an airtime credit amount greater than the airtime credit balance on your MTN account. That is, your MTN account must have enough airtime credit to cover the amount you want to transfer to another MTN account.
- You cannot transfer bonus airtime credit from one MTN account to another.
- Borrowed MTN airtime credit balances cannot be transferred.
- You can only transfer ₦50 minimum, and ₦5,000 maximum per transaction.
- The minimum transfer is ₦50.
- The Maximum transfer per day is ₦100,000.
The following are the two simple methods to transfer and share airtime on MTN:
01: How to Transfer Airtime on MTN via USSD Code
The USSD code for MTN airtime transfer is *777#. Follow the steps below to transfer airtime via the USSD Code:
- Dial *777#
- From the dialog box that appears, select "1. Transfer Airtime."
- In the column provided, enter the recipient phone number (the MTN number you want to transfer the airtime to).
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- To complete the transfer, enter your MTN transfer PIN (default transfer PIN is 0000).
Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone.
For example, dial*777*08123456789*50*0000#
After the transfer is completed, you will receive a message confirming that it was successful.
02: How to Transfer Airtime on MTN Using SMS
Using the SMS to transfer airtime is easy and straightforward. All you just have to do is to send a text message in this format:
- Send “Transfer, Recipient’s number, Amount, and PIN to 777”. For example, send Transfer 08123456789 50 0000 to 777.
- Next, you will receive a text message from 777 that says, "You are sending N500 airtime to 08123456789 via MTN Share. To confirm, text YES or to cancel, text CANCEL to 777 within the next 15 minutes." Reply "YES" to complete the transfer.
Which Tariff Plan Allows MTN Airtime Transfer and share?
The MTN airtime transfer service is available for all MTN tariff plans except for "BetaTalk" and "Yanfun Yafun" Tariff. These tariff subscribers are not eligible to transfer or share and sell airtime on MTN.
MTN Airtime Transfer Code
The MTN airtime transfer code is 777. You must use this code to transfer airtime on MTN by using SMS or USSD.