Airtel is one of Nigeria's leading telecom industries. It provides a variety of services to its subscribers, including airtime loans.
This can be a boon to subscribers who have run out of airtime and can’t afford to keep buying more. Here’s all you need to know about borrowing airtime from Airtel.
There are lots of reasons why one might want to borrow airtime from Airtel. However, the process is not as difficult as it may seem.
Let's go over how to borrow airtime from Airtel, so you can be ready to do so in case you find yourself in a situation where you need it.
Before borrowing airtime from Airtel, you must first meet certain eligibility requirements.
Before you can borrow airtime credit from the Airtel Network, you must first meet the requirements listed below.
- Your SIM has to have been in use for 3 months or more.
- A monthly minimum recharge of 250 Naira is required.
Note that the higher your monthly recharge, the greater the amount you can borrow.
How to Borrow
Here's how to borrow airtime from Airtel. To borrow airtime from Airtel, simply
- Dial *500#
- Select "2. Borrow Credit" from the options displayed
- Select the amount you wish to borrow from the options displayed. Note that you cannot borrow more than the amounts listed in the options.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS message stating that "your Airtel line has been credited with [Amount borrowed]" once your borrowing has been authorized.
Each and every airtime credit you borrow will carry a 15% charge. In other words, if you borrow 50 Naira, 42.5 Naira will be credited to your Airtel line.
How to Check the Balance
If you already have borrowed airtime and you need to check your balance, here's how to check your Airtel borrowed airtime balance in the simplest way possible.
To check your balance details, including your loan balance, simply dial *123#.
How to Repay
If you borrowed some airtime from Airtel and are having a hard time paying it back, here’s how to repay your borrowed airtime.
- Dial *500#
- From the options displayed, select "4. Repay Loan"
- Enter the amount you wish to pay back in the column provided.
- Next, you will receive a confirmation pop-up message stating that your loan repayment was successful.
Why can't I borrow credit from Airtel?
Your Airtel SIM has not been in use for the past 3 months. Or you haven't recharged up to 250 naira for a month.
Can I borrow airtime without paying back to Airtel?
Of course, yes, unless you don't want to recharge your Airtel line since repayment is based upon your next recharge.