How do I link NIN to Airtel? The best way to avoid your airtel line being blocked from making calls is to link your NIN to it.
A Step-by-Step Guide on Linking NIN to Airtel. In this blog post, I am going to show you three (3) simple methods you can use to link your NIN to your airtel line.
What is NIN?
NIN stands for National Identification Number. It's simply a unique 11-digit number that identifies you as a Nigerian citizen.
Your NIN is unique; that is to say, you can't find anyone else with the same NIN as yours.
However, If you already have your NIN with you, please skip this procedure on how to retrieve it. Skip
How to Retrieve NIN
To retrieve your NIN, follow the steps below.
- Dial *346#
- From the options, select “1) Retrieve NIN.
- A dialog box will pop up with a message saying, "This service will cost you N20. Press 1 to Continue or 2 to Cancel. "
- To Retrieve your NIN, reply with “1 to Continue”
- Copy your NIN and save it somewhere.
01. How to link NIN to Airte Using USSD Code
To link NIN to Airtel using ussd code,
- Dial * 121*1#
- In the box displayed, type in your NIN in the column provided. After that,
- A pop-up message will display saying “Thank you for providing your NIN details. SMS confirmation will be sent to you once your NIN has been validated and updated. ”
Once your NIN is correctly provided and the details are validated, you will receive an SMS from Airtel that says “Dear Valued Customer, your NIN verification was successful. You can now enjoy uninterrupted services on your Smartphone Network. Thank you for choosing Airtel.”
02. How to Link NIN to Airtel Using SMS
However, If you find it difficult to link your NIN to your Airtel using the USSD code method above, please use this SMS method, which is easy and straightforward.
Before that, make sure you have your NIN with you.
To link NIN to Airtel using SMS,
- Send START to 121 via SMS message.
- Follow the prompt SMS from 121 that said "SMS NIN 1******* to 121." Then reply the SMS message with your NIN in this format: NIN [your NIN] and send it. For example, NIN 12345678910.
- A confirmation SMS message from 121 will be sent to you saying "Thank you for providing your NIN details".
03. How to Link NIN to Airtel Through Online
You can now easily and quickly link your NlIN (National Identification Number) to your Airtel line via the online process. All you need is your NlIN, your Airtel number, and an active email address.
To link NIN to Airtel through Online, follow the steps outlined below.
- Visit the official website of Airtel @ www.airtel.com.ng
- From the homepage select the 'Submit NIN' option.
- Next, enter your Airtel number in the column provided and click on "Send OTP" for verification.
- Next, enter your email address and alternate number and click on "PROCEED." After that, enter the OTP sent to your email for verification.
- Enter your NIN and click on "PROCEED" to link your NIN to Airtel.
Why you should link your NIN to Airtel
The benefit of linking your NlIN to Airtel is to avoid your Airtel number getting blocked. In addition, you will also be able to make calls with your Airtel number.
How to Link NIN to Airtel After Being Blocked
If your airtel line has been blocked due to not providing your NIN before the blocking date, you don't have to worry. As long as you have gotten your NIN, you can still unblock your airtel line by just linking it up with Airtel.
To unblock your Airtel line, use one of the three (3) methods outlined below to link NIN to Airtel after being blocked.